Dream Beauty Photography
Photos by Christina
How To: Get the Best Wedding Photos
1. Book your photographer early so that you have time for an engagement session. This allows you and the photographer to interact and become acquainted / comfortable being around each other. The engagement session will also give you a great preview for how the wedding day photos will done. Dream Beauty Photography has a quick flow posing method that allows us to capture several different angles and poses in a short amount of time, which will come in handy during the craziness of every wedding day. Hence, practicing the flow of posing during an engagement session will make the wedding day just run more seamlessly.
Timeline is Everything
2. Plan your timeline so that your portraits happen during a luminous time of day. This something Dream Beauty Photography can assist you with in the wedding planning stages. Natural light is a great accent for photos. Sunsets are especially awesome, but depending on the season, you might have to be finishing up by 4:30pm (winter wedding) or have to wait until 8:00pm (summer wedding) to get that shot you want!
3. Have all of your details with you when getting ready. Speaking from experience, I typically start my day with the bride by photographing things like the dress, rings, flowers, invitation, jewelry etc. I suggest putting the smaller items into a bag, near the dress and flowers, so that when the photographer arrives, they can get busy with those while you finish princessing up for the ceremony.
Where are you getting Ready?
4. Consider the room you get ready in. Whatever you do, please don’t use a dank, dreary rec room of a church basement. Minimal windows, yellow lighting and brown walls. Yuck. Plan ahead and either go in a hotel suite (because normal rooms get cramped quick with all of the people you will have in there), or use a friend’s house that has lots of natural light and windows. Trust me. A little bit of window light can make a HUGE difference in your getting ready photos.
5. Relax and have fun. It is your wedding day after all! True smiles and candid expressions always show and will make your photos all the more memorable.